Last updated: December 2011.
1. The information we collect
- Information You Actively Provide Us. For most of the browsing services available on necca.com, we neither require nor collect any of your personal information. Following are some of the instances where we do need you to actively submit personal information: when you want to (i) join NECCA; (ii) register for a seminar; (iii) register to access members-only sections; (iv) complete your profile; (v) respond to a job listing; and (vi) add your listing to our online directory.
- Automatically Collected Information. Some information is automatically received and sometimes collected from you when you visit necca.com. For example, we receive and collect the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet protocol ("IP") address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our site; and the Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our site. We use this information on an aggregate basis to monitor and better understand the usage of our site. Also, when we send emails to you, we may be able to identify information about your email address, such as whether you can read graphic-rich HTML emails.
Browsers are typically set to accept cookies. You can choose to have your browser warn you every time a cookie is being sent to you or you can turn off cookie placement. By not using cookies, your overall Internet browsing experience will be affected and you will not be able to access members-only portions of our site.
2. How we use and share Personal Information
We use your personal information to provide you the services you request from our site and other member services. For example, registered members are included in our online member directory. We also analyze information gathered from our site to determine what is most effective about our site, to help us identify ways to improve it, and eventually, to determine how we can tailor NECCA's website to make it more effective. We may also use data for other purposes, which we would describe to you at the point we collect the information.
We will not sell individual information. There will be times when we need to share information, for example, in the case of an event where we need to provide our caterer with meal preference information.
We engage other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
3. Communications from NECCA
As a NECCA member or registered user of necca.com, you may receive various communications from NECCA. Among other things, you may receive communications from us relating to: upcoming seminars, job listings, membership announcements, external seminars that we sponsor, important website information, material changes to site policies and account management procedures.
4. Linking to third-party web sites
When you click on links that may appear on our site that take you to third-party web sites, you will be subject to the third parties' privacy policies. NECCA cannot be responsible for the actions of any third-party web sites. We encourage you to read the posted privacy statement of any and every site you visit, whether you are linking from our site or browsing on your own.
5. Data Security
You should understand that the open nature of the Internet is such that data may flow over networks without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended.